Life As I Know It

Life As I Know It

Sunday, October 14, 2012

4th Try Getting to the 2nd Tri...

I am so thankful to be writing this post tonight.  I am in awe of the miracle that is taking place inside of me more and more everyday.  Each week Griff and I read our What to Expect book and the app on my phone just be more astounded than the week before.  This week our baby's organs are formed and starting to mature, he or she can swallow, and can kick up a storm...even though I will have to wait a few more weeks to feel it.  Keeping in mind that Baby T is only about the size of my pinky that is absolutely mind-blowing.

We have experienced so many firsts with this pregnancy.  Everyday is such a blessing.  On October 5th we had a regular check-up and as the nurse was walking out she said "oh my, I forgot I have to listen to the baby's heart too, not just yours anymore."  I was not expecting to be able to hear the heartbeat on a Doppler just yet as we had only heard it during an ultrasound.  She asked me if I normally carry low so that she could more easily pinpoint where to put the Doppler and I simply said "I don't know...we have never gotten this far before".  We both almost started to cry just realizing the excitement of this moment for Griff and I.  Right away she found the heartbeat and we heard the most beautiful "womp, womp, womp, womp" sound and she timed the heartbeat at a very healthy 168 beats per minute.  Perfect!

My doctor came in and again I was just amazed at how much we were blessed that we was brought into our lives.  He is so genuinely happy for us and even told me he is already blocking off the entire month of April on his schedule so he is for sure in town. ;)  He said we have made it through all the major milestones that we had set early on and my next big milestone is 20 weeks!!!  That is such huge step for us.  I cannot even begin to describe how refreshing it is for him to come in with all good news, no talks of sending me for additional tests, viability scans, blood draws, etc.  I felt so normal for the first time in any of my pregnancies.

As for some other firsts...I have never been this sick in any of my pregnancies, but I am thankful because it means my hormones are strong and healthy.  Anything is worth it for this baby.  I bought my first maternity shirts yesterday, and will admit I am very excited to wear them.  I am sporting a definite baby bump these days that seemingly appeared overnight.  And finally, my baby brain is in full effect...I am so forgetful these days which is so unlike me.

Next week marks the end of my first trimester and I have an ultrasound next week that my doctor said we may find out the gender as it is a very high resolution scan...we'll see!  Looking forward to this next trimester and getting to experience more firsts.  I may be one of the few, but I absolutely love being pregnant and I am so grateful and feel so blessed that this is progressing so perfectly this time.  God is so good to us and we are so thankful!
 
~...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion...~
Philippians 1:6
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment